Lynn Louise Wonders, LPC CPCS, RPT-S, DCC
Enter your text here...
In this video interview, Lynn Louise Wonders, LPC CPCS, RPT-S, DCC gives mental health clinicians insight into the intricacies of the court process and the specific risks and challenges faced by play therapists when involved in custody or other court proceedings. Lynn shares her best practices from the initial phone call for services all the way through dealing with subpoenas and testifying in court and how they pertain specifically to play therapy practice. Don't open another play therapy case without listening to this session.
1. You will learn why play therapists are particularly vulnerable to becoming involved with divorce and custody litigation.
2. You will receive a brief overview of how to screen and assess for “red flag” situations and personalities in parents seeking play therapy services for their children.
3. You will receive a brief overview of the policies and protocols you need to have in place for your play therapy practice set forth in your informed consent.
4. You will learn about how to protect yourself in your role as a play therapist from litigious parents, aggressive attorneys and the family court system.
5. You will receive a brief overview of the concept of parental alienation as seen through the lens of the play therapy process
Lynn Louise Wonders is a Licensed Professional Counselor, Certified Professional Counselor Supervisor, Registered Play Therapist-Supervisor, early childhood specialist and parenting coach.
She is the founder and director of Wonders Counseling Services, LLC, an APT-Approved Provider for play therapy continuing education offering clinical services, play therapy supervision and training as well as professional mentoring for therapists developing a career in play therapy.
Lynn is certified by Jack Canfield as a coach and trainer, offering seminars, small and large workshops and mastermind programs for therapists and other helping professionals online and in person world-wide.
Lynn leads a large community of play therapists from around the world on Facebook and has assisted well over 1,000 therapists in working toward RPT status and building thriving play therapy private practices.
APT APPROVED PROVIDER 12-331:
1 Hour Non-Contact Credit Is Available For This Course With The Purchase Of The All Access Pass
(All Access Pass Purchase Offer Comes Immediately After Summit Registration!)
20 Total Hours of Credit Available As Part of the All Access Pass. See terms here.
**Play Therapy credit will not be awarded to non-mental health professionals**
Summit Founder and Hostess: Jennifer Taylor, LCSW, RPT-S
For questions or comments about this event, email email@example.com
Jennifer has nearly 20 years experience working with children and families. She is currently licensed in Florida, Tennessee, and Hawaii. She is EMDR Trained and TF-CBT Certified.
She is an Adjunct Professor at the University of Memphis and has presented at multiple national conferences. Jennifer provides play therapy case consultation, supervision and training (APT Approved Provider 12-331).
Oh, and she also has three children under the age of 4 and a pretty fantastic husband!